Vegan Diets and Protein - Bite-Size Info
I often get asked about how whether vegan diets provide people with enough protein. It's why I put this little blog post together. I hope you find it helpful
- Proteins is made up of amino acids
- 9 amino acids are essential
- Protein requirements are difficult to establish
- However, diets providing the bare minimum protein requirements are highly unlikely to be adequate in terms of energy or other nutrients
- Theoretically, it is impossible to become protein deficient if you are meeting your energy requirements with a varied diet of natural foods
On Thursday, July 20th, 2017 I will be giving a talk entitled:
THRIVING ON A VEGAN DIET
Following a vegan diet can provide many health benefits. In fact vegans are at a much lower risk of many common diseases and on average have lower blood pressure and body fat. However, there are some important nutritional issues vegans should be aware of in order to reach optimal health. Come along and learn the key things you need to thrive on a vegan diet.
The talk is FREE to attend and will be held at CNM in Central London.
The evening will start at 6.30pm and run until 8.30pm. In addition to my talk you'll have a chance to learn about CNM Short Courses including:
Nutrition for Everyday Living
Natural Skincare & Skin Nutrition
Cooking for Health
Detox, Cleanse and Weight loss
Herbs for Everyday Living
Indian Head Massage
To book your place please just click here.
I'll stick around after the event if you have questions you'd like to ask me directly.
Looking forward to seeing you there.